Final acceptance and admission to SCIS will be based upon age, previous academic records, screening
results, and a review of all available information. Each student will be considered on an individual basis.
The school will make every effort to place siblings who are each individually qualified for admission as
● School hours are as follows:
○ Early Childhood: 9:00am ~ 3:30pm
○ Elementary: 9:00am ~ 3:30pm
● SCIS does not have a special education program, so students with identified learning problems are
generally not accepted. It is very important that parents of a child who has received special services, or
parents who believe their child may need support, disclose to the school as soon as possible in the application process.
● The family can inquire school ferry from the office.
● Students bring lunches to school. We encourage students to bring healthy, nutritious items that will
provide energy throughout the school day. Most elementary students bring a snack for their morning recess.
● The school uniform is required for attendance. The uniforms any be purchased at the office. Students may wear their own sport shoes. Uniform purchases are separate from school fees.
Grade level application
In principle, the students will be placed in age appropriate grades. Exceptions will be made for ESL students who will be set based on their placement test(MAP Test) and overall academic abilities. (50 USD).
For information about the MAP test, please visit www.nwea.org.